The Obstacle is the Way

I recently listened to this podcast episode from Tim Ferris. In it, he talked about stoicism and read an exert from Ryan Holiday’s book, The Obstacle is the Way. I found the content very thought provoking as to how parkour training has helped me to accept the obstacles I find in my path and work to overcome them instead of trying to find a way around them. Click the link below to listen and let me know what you think!

https://tim.blog/tag/the-obstacle-is-the-way/

1 Like

…I’d also recommend Holiday’s, The Daily Stoic

1 Like

It’s a modern interpretation of Stoicism with some very American dream style overtones, but I still think it’s an important book to read. It’s actually the book that sent me down a year long spiral of reading and learning about the Stoics, the Cynics and the Epicureans. The Hellenistic age was fascinating.

1 Like

agreed, on my coffee table

I’m making some changes to how things are organized on this site. I’m going to make a lot more of the content public. (Interacting, posting, replying, etc will still require people to join.)

I would like to make this topic (my post, and the replies) public, but I wanted to ask first. Just hit the heart/like button on this reply if you’re ok with it becoming public.

1 Like