MM Campfire — Jan 21, 2021

Campfire, marshmallows and conversation! The MM team gets together regularly in a sort of free-form discussion that’s not quite a chat, and not quite a discussion. It’s a cross between instant chat and performance art.

Good morning!

c: What’s on our minds this week? Hey, look! …me, not ice climbing. o_O

M: Booo to not ice climbing! Well, we can keep teasing about ep 100… And not making actual decisions XD

c: e p i s o d e

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 09.30.27

c: …kewl. What’s next?

m: We should try to pin down a date to do this? My other random thought was to record a bunch of vignettes in various places that are meaningful to the project… Buuuut that’s a lot of work. A LOT. Could be fun though.

c: *eyeroll*

nope_nope_nope

c: yeahno. Let’s just keep waiting :slight_smile: we need very little prep/warning to record… so if the weather gets crazy nice one coming week. boop.

m: That’s true. My goal is that we record before the end of February, but that should easily be doable.

Previous podcasts guests in the wild?

c: I notice Mandy Lam, 101 – Run Repetition – Skochypstiks there’s been some sort of skicoisdfhhsdfksfsdfsiks challenge where the skochy crew is calling-out/tagging people. (I’ll go pin Mandy’s episode, 27?) I guessed the number right…

yes

m: Haha, good job! I saw something about it, but hadn’t looked into it yet. I’ll have to take a look

c: …and no I don’t want to try to do a “make over” for older episodes. I mean YES I’d love to do that, but…

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 09.39.46

c: ¿ Any other guests doing anything (we’ve spotted) in the last week ?

m: I’ve seen Marcello posting consistently again, and Lynn Jung is back in Dubai doing lots of training.

c: …wasn’t Max just on Rafe’s EMP podcast? (I’ve not listened yet.) EMP episode on YouTube, Exploring the Parkour Roadmap with Max Henry | EMP Podcast 60 - YouTube

m: Yes, he was! I’m not sure how recent it was, but he shared it this week. It will definitely be worth a listen

c: …it was definitely just published in the EMP podcast. (Not sure when it was recorded.)

Front of the 'ol web site

c: Any thoughts on the new front of the web site? …if you’re reading, going, “wait wat?” …the https://moversmindset.com/

web site now just takes you to a page on the Forum. (I nicely formated one, that looks very much like the web site did.) But anywho… the point being that everything is now on the forum. (Aside from the technounderpinnings of the podcast publication. And some other easter eggs.)

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 09.45.52

m: I’m pretty impressed with how closely you managed to mimic the original website home page.

c: As usual, with every time I try something, I found a bug in Discourse. (dis shit’s not funny any more *frustrated eye roll mixed with a shrug*)

[anti]Social Media posting

c: so that was a thing. Remember when we used to do that? :stuck_out_tongue:

m: Ah, yes, the good old days eyeroll Won’t miss it.

c: On one hand, it didn’t take us that much time/effort. On the other hand, I’ve negative 4,236 units of time and energy to spare. So, cutting out everything that isn’t explicitly on-target for what I want to be doing.

m: Not to mention the diatribe on why social media has failed, and isn’t useful to us. :confused:

c: WAIT THERE’s a meme for this . . … (scurries off)

c: (ducks back in) Can I just say, that “image:” searching is totes amazeballs

c: k, so, social media failing and diatribe…

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 09.48.54

Rephonic graphing

c: Soooooo, I found this this morning, http://wemove.world

c: I was looking at a 3D visualization of what people listen to, HERE go look at this… Explore the Podcast Audience Graph - Rephonic

my_god_its_full_of_stars

m: HOLY SHIT… O_O I’m deeply impressed

c: I know right?! So it, somehow “groks” Apple’s “people who listen to this show also listen too…” information and builds a 3D — you did click-n-drag to rotate? click and up/down to zoom? — rendering of the relationships between shows. We Move is one of our immedate neighbors.

c: (melissa is now completely distracted)

m: Call me in an hour, I’m busy…. O_o This is a really cool tool.

Who’s guest 101

c: ie, episode 5? no? nevermind. There are 10 kinds of people . . .

c: 101? I saw you posted a sort of short-list, brain dump of some people who are probably gettable (no seriously we really don’t talk about podcast guests like pokemon) in the next few weeks.

m: Yes, I’ve been ruminating on who should start out season 5…

c: uh uhhm isn’t “101” the room number in Orwell’s 1984 where the Minitruth tortures people? Sorry, just rewatched that the other day. Yeah. Anyway.

m: I don’t remember, but I trust that you do XD

c: hey, depressing data point: I was in HIGH SCHOOL in 1984. o_O

c: …and yes: Ministries of Nineteen Eighty-Four - Wikipedia

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

m: As for guests, I have a few people in mind. I’d really like to start it off with an in person interview if we can, but we’ll see. It will probably come down to scheduling….

c: well, it’s…

TIME