"3 words…" visualized

Collecting answers

90 episodes ago, I started asking for “three words to describe your practice.” It didn’t take long before I realized how powerful that question was, and by episode 070. Craig Constantine: Discovery, reflection, and efficacy we had unpacked a lot.

Along the way everyone on the team had countless discussions about what to do with all the answers. There were several common answers that surprised us, and some that were to be expected. But not knowing what to do with the information we were collecting, we simply kept collecting it.

Then in June of 2020 we decided we had to do something; We had to find some way to share what we were seeing across all the answers. We created an enormous post here in the forum, Index of guests’ “three words” and began compiling some analysis by hand. Every episode, one of us would go in and painstakingly update that topic. We stopped updating that topic with episode 87, but it’s still pretty interesting.

First data visualization

I say “first” because we already have a bunch of ideas for more views into the data. Views into the 3-words answers, but also into other aspects of the podcast.

Two final notes before we dive in: This is a live view into the real data and it updates as we add episodes. Second we’ll be adding this visualization to each of the episodes’ topics. (They’re all here on the Forum tagged podcast-episodes.)

Here’s an interactive (the circles and words are links to change what’s shown) look at the answers:

Lots more to do

This is a pretty clunky-looking first idea. We’ve a lot to fix. (I won’t bother listing things, because it’s live… as we fix it, you won’t see the problems.)

What I’m most interested in is: What do you see that is interesting? What would you like to learn more about? …or would like to be able to dig into more?

ɕ